Car accidents are not uncommon in the United States, but it is important for you to know what to do when you are faced with such a situation. In this post, we shall check out some of the things that you must do if you get involved in a car accident.
- When you meet up with an accident, you are first priority should be to check if you and everyone else in your vehicle is safe or not. If anyone is injured, then you must immediately call a hospital for ambulance service.
- If you are vehicle is obstructing the flow of traffic, then try to move it to the side of the road, and switch on the hazard lights.
- If you are not injured, then make it a point to stay at the spot, and call the police right away.
- Till the police arrive at the accident scene, you must take photos of the accident spot, which should include all the vehicles that are involved.
- If the other driver is not in a fit of rage, then you can request for some personal information like the person’s name, phone number, vehicle insurance information, address, licence plate, and driving licence information. All these information and the photos will come handy. When you have to make the claims with your insurance company.
- Once the initial police enquiry is completed, then you must do some other tasks within the next 10 hours. Firstly, secure your vehicle, and then get it inspected to assess the damage, and the costs of repairs.
- Make sure that you get and proper assessment from the doctors, if anyone or you have sustained any injuries, no matter how minor it is.
- Take proper assessment report from the medical professionals, and also don’t forget to collect the accident report from the police.
- If you or anybody else in your vehicle has sustained any injuries that are visible, then you must also take the photographs, by highlighting those injuries.
- The next most important thing that you must not forget to do is get in touch with an experienced car accident attorney. Rather it would be much better if you get in touch with them immediately upon accident.
If you are living in Detroit, then you can easily find information about any of the good Detroit auto accident lawyer to help you with your case. They will make sure that you get the rightful compensation, and negotiate with the insurance companies if needed. In many cases, they will also be able to help you in getting out-of-court settlement that works in your favour.